People For the American Way and its affiliate, People For the American Way Foundation, are progressive advocacy organizations founded to fight right-wing extremism and build a democratic society that implements the ideals of freedom, equality, opportunity and justice for all. We encourage civic participation, defend fundamental rights, and fight to dismantle systemic barriers to equitable opportunity.
The Donor Stewardship and Events Coordinator works to create a seamless donor experience across all People For the American Way fundraising programs. The Coordinator reports to the Chief Development Officer and will draft donor correspondence including case statements, fundraising appeals, acknowledgement letters; oversee donor experience activities such as inbound customer service; work with gift officers to plan local events in conjunction with their donor travel; and work with the major gifts team and the president’s office to coordinate other cultivation and fundraising events throughout the year.
· Create and edit donor collateral materials
· Collaborate with development staff across all programs (membership, midlevel giving, major gifts, planned giving) to ensure we are providing a consistent donor experience and communicating in a unified voice
· Draft donor correspondence and collateral materials including case statements, fundraising appeals, acknowledgement letters, and impact reports
· Work with membership director to maintain appropriate donor acknowledgment workflow, including drafting thank-you letters and phone call scripts with varying levels of personalization depending on donor tier, new donor welcome kits, and other materials as needed
· Plan small donor stewardship events in coordination with gift officers’ donor visit travels
· Work with membership team to develop written responses and scripts for inbound customer service inquiries
· Work with gift officers to create personalized donor correspondence and take advantage of opportunities for touchpoints
· Coordinate staff and volunteer “thank-a-thon” phonebanks
· Work with major gifts team and president’s office to plan and execute other small and large-scale fundraising and cultivation events throughout the year
· Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years fundraising experience (or equivalent combination of education/experience); including specific experience in donor relations, annual giving, and/or event planning
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills with ability to write inspiring content for a variety of audiences and channels
- Strong computer skills, including Word and Excel and CRM/fundraising databases
- Outgoing personality with ability to enjoy direct communication with donors and prospects and the ability to collaborate with other staff and external vendors
· Strong customer service and donor experience orientation
· Ability to handle simultaneous projects and manage competing deadlines
· Discretion and mature judgment in handling sensitive and confidential information
· Demonstrated commitment to People For’s core mission
How To Apply
Send resume to HR@pfaw.org. Please no phone calls.