As the League of Women Voters embarks on the centennial celebration of the 19th Amendment and its own 100th birthday, it seeks a Chief Development Officer to join a senior team that is launching the organization into its second century.
The League is redefining its mission for the 21st century with initiatives like People Powered Fair Maps, a national effort to take on partisan gerrymandering, and She is me, a cross-generational effort to engage a diverse range of women in voting rights movements.
As it pursues these expansions, the League’s development program will cultivate pipelines in various verticals to expand annual revenue to $15M by 2025. The Chief Development Officer will lead a team with responsibility for Direct Mail and Telemarketing, Major Giving, Foundations and Government, Corporate Giving and Digital Giving.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Development Officer will oversee the development of new messaging for fundraising and combine development and communications strategies for annual and opportunity-based support.
The ideal Chief Development Officer will have extensive experience in the design and execution of multi-faceted revenue generation programs, including the establishment of growth targets for wide varieties of outreach and communications channels and the continual and creative expansion of a major donor pipeline. The successful candidate will have experience working closely with senior management and a Board of Directors to build visibility, impact, and financial resources toward organizational goals.
Minimum qualifications include:
- At least 10 to 15 years of experience in non-profit development, including fundraising for an advocacy organization.
- Demonstrated results executing non-profit fundraising strategies that expand and diversify the donor base to increase overall revenue.
- Experience mobilizing both long term and immediate opportunities to capitalize revenue and awareness for an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to shape core messaging that drives fundraising outreach and strategies.
- Exceptional organizational and management skills to lead a team of fundraisers.
- Record of successfully engaging senior leaders and Board members in the fundraising process.
How To Apply
More information about DRi searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions.