Arabella Advisors helps philanthropists and investors pursue their social and environmental goals more effectively. Our platform of services enables clients to use all of their assets—grants, investments, relationships, time, and talent—to achieve greater good. We work with large foundations and corporations, as well as families and individuals, to develop strategic focus, execute projects, evaluate grantees and programs, invest for impact, efficiently manage grants and funds, and continually learn and innovate. Our team is socially minded and entrepreneurial, always looking for ways to make the world a better place by better serving our clients.
About the Managed Organizations Team
Arabella Advisors provides operations and management support to multiple public charities, including a 501(c)(3) named the New Venture Fund and a 501(c)(4). These managed organizations house new and innovative public interest projects and nonprofits, as well as coordinate collaborative initiatives between donors and administer grants programs. This type of structure is commonly referred to as fiscal sponsorship, and candidates are highly encouraged to research fiscal sponsorship prior to a first interview. The managed organizations provide support to a diverse range of projects, including many focused on conservation and global health. The organizations have also provided fiscal sponsorship to projects focused on voter registration, public policy, education, disaster recovery, and music and the arts.
To find out more about Arabella Advisors click here.
Arabella Advisors is seeking a customer service-oriented and dynamic professional to serve as the Human Resources Manager, Managed Organizations (MO). Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, MO, The Human Resources Manager, MO will play a critical role on the team to provide exceptional service and expertise to our clients and staff. The Human Resources Manager, MO will manage payroll and benefits for Arabella Advisors’ non-profit affiliates, primarily the New Venture Fund as well as consulting support as needed. This position will partner with the Managed Organizations department, as well as staff associated with our affiliated nonprofit organizations to support the overall goals of the MO HR team.
Manage Payroll and Benefits
· Manage payroll administration process.
· Proactively manage lifecycle of benefits administration, including open enrollment
· Manage administration of COBRA/FMLA.
· Oversee 401k administration.
· Guide new employees through change requests, terminations and open enrollment.
· Proactively introduce process improvements and support related special projects as necessary.
· Provide exceptional daily HR service to clients and affiliated staff, communicating quickly, effectively and efficiently, particularly on payroll and benefits employee issues.
· Maintain employee confidence and protect confidentiality of personnel data.
· Lead new employee orientations and exits.
· Maintain working knowledge of relevant policies, procedures and benefit plans.
· Work with HR Director to create and maintain client toolkits and resources.
· Participate in developing and supporting HR’s objectives, outputs and standards.
· Work with Director to ensure compliance with laws, policies and benefits terms.
· Work with Director to maintain, or create as necessary, policies, procedures and benefits that maximize staff satisfaction.
· Maintain employee manual and ensure it is updated to remain compliant with changing policies, laws and regulations.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
· 5-7 years of professional experience in Human Resources with experience administering the full range of benefits programs (primarily health, retirement and cafeteria plans).
· Experience administering payroll, an HRIS and/or benefits programs required.
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, with a strong customer service mentality and high degree of integrity, accountability, and emotional intelligence.
· Experience managing high volume of tasks with shifting priorities and deadlines.
· Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills with the ability to take a thoughtful approach to addressing challenges.
· Ability to think strategically and build systems and processes for effective payroll and benefits administration.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; strong preference for a Master’s in Human Resources, or PHR certification.
· Experience in a progressive, mission-driven and entrepreneurial environment is preferred.
· Candidates with optimism, adaptability and a good sense of humor preferred.
A Career with Arabella Advisors:
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, fun, transparent, collaborative, and healthy culture. Arabella is committed to providing excellent benefits to our employees. For you and your eligible dependents, we pay 100% of premiums and in-network deductibles for health, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide you disability coverage; life insurance; personal and volunteer leave time; a 401K match that you are eligible to receive when you start; $1,500 a year for professional development; and a fitness benefit.
We are also committed to building a firm that is diverse and inclusive. We invite our clients and employees to be fully themselves. By integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work, we benefit from increased knowledge, creativity, flexibility, and organizational and individual growth. We expect all Arabella staff to share this commitment.
We invite you to visit our careers website to learn more about our people, culture, and work.
Please upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, both in Word format, to Gideon Steinberg, by following this link:http://commongoodcareers.force.com/careers/ts2__Register?jobId=a0KG000000cs2r4&tSource=
Arabella Advisors offers a competitive total compensation package, commensurate with experience and skills.
Arabella Advisors is an equal opportunity employer.
About Commongood Careers:
Arabella Advisors has partnered with Commongood Careers to conduct the search for a Human Resources Manager, Managed Organizations. Commongood Careers is a mission-driven search firm that supports the hiring needs of high-impact organizations. With an approach that leverages robust talent networks, recruitment and search management expertise, and a deep understanding of our clients’ missions and cultures, we help organizations secure the talent they need to create greater social impact. Since our founding in 2005, Commongood Careers has led more than 700 searches at 275 organizations in 33 states, making us one of the most experienced and dedicated social sector search firms in the country. Learn more about job opportunities at Commongood Careers.