Washington Area Women’s Foundation is a community-supported foundation that invests in the power of women and girls of color across the Washington, DC metropolitan region.
Women and girls of color make change happen. While too often unsung, the work of women and girls of color have advanced human rights and gender, racial, and economic justice in our communities for decades. The Women’s Foundation believes that by increasing resources to, and recognizing the leadership of, women and girls of color, they will ignite needed change.
To advance our mission and theory of change, we are:
- Grant makers – We make grants to organizations that are actively pursuing gender, racial, and economic justice, and we award women and girls of color directly.
- Advocates – We center the voices and lived experiences of women and girls of color to influence policymakers and the local philanthropic sector to advance systems and institutional change with a gender, racial, and economic justice lens.
The Development Manager is responsible for stewarding and expanding The Foundation’s annual fund and maintaining and improving development operations. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Manager will work closely with other development, program, and leadership staff to develop and execute plans, set goals, and implement the annual development plan strategies intended to grow donor retention, increase fundraising revenue, and diversify revenue sources through a variety of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities. This position will be part of a new development department of two other team members with plans to expand to six in a few years. The team will drive a significant increase in funding to include more unrestricted giving through the solicitation of individual major gifts, special events, and corporate and foundation support. Specifically, this role will help lead fundraising growth in the following ways:
● Implement the tactics outlined in the Washington Area Women’s Foundation’s overarching development plan to reach annual revenue goals and build toward the long-term sustainability of the organization.
● Manage and largely execute all annual giving cultivation and solicitation activities including direct mail, acquisition efforts, and digital campaigns.
● Manage and implement the stewardship program for The Foundation’s individual donors.
● Partner with program and communications to produce materials/collateral for donors.
● Support coordination of fundraising events for donors and prospects throughout the year.
Mid to Major Donor Management
● Research and identify donor prospects for major giving and planned giving cultivation.
● Manage a portfolio of ~50 low- to mid-level donors for customized 1:1; cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
● Working with the Director of Development, develop and execute an engagement plan for the mid to major donors.
● Plan and lead a calendar of small group cultivation events for mid to major donors.
● Oversee Development Associate’s database gift and donor information entry, acknowledgement letters process, and reconciliation process between finance and development.
● Develop and maintain performance reports and dashboards on annual giving.
● Ensure accuracy of donor records in Raiser’s Edge database, including assisting in maintaining research, rating, and tracking for prospects.
● Oversee the maintenance of relevant and timely information/notes in the donor database and conduct prospect research to be used in the development of fundraising strategies
We offer our employees a total rewards model, pairing a compensation package that reflects our organizational values, culture, and mission with meaningful and significant work content, a supportive environment, and work-life flexibility.
The salary range for this position is up to $65,000. The Women’s Foundation compensation package also includes comprehensive, 100% paid medical, dental and vision insurance for employees, generous paid time off, and flexible work hours within a 36-hour work week.
People with lived experience relevant to the position program area and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to candidates with strong ties to the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
How To Apply
Go here for full job description and directions for applying: https://thewomensfoundation.org/careers/