The ACLU of Delaware is a dynamic and inclusive organization, working to defend and expand civil liberties in the First State. Our supportive and collaborative work environment is comprised of staff from a variety of professional backgrounds, and we offer excellent benefits.
Read why the ACLU-DE is a great place to work: https://www.aclu-de.org/en/about/why-work-aclu-de
The ACLU of Delaware is seeking a full-time Development Strategist to help strengthen our organization’s fund development program.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional who is passionate about social justice to join Delaware’s premier defender of civil liberties. We are a highly motivated group of policy and legislative advocates, communications experts, attorneys, community organizers, and fundraisers, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team.
Reporting to the Development Director, the Development Strategist contributes to the ongoing growth of the ACLU-DE providing operational and administrative support. This position works both independently and collaboratively to provide support to all facets of our fundraising program, from the management of day-to-day development operations, including database management and reporting, to event planning and donor outreach. The position requires an understanding of development philosophy, goals and strategies, strong organizational skills, superb attention to detail and deadlines, a strong ability to track and prioritize tasks, and excellent oral and written communications. The Development Strategist assists and collaborates in the smooth functioning of all philanthropic efforts including events such as our annual gala, house parties/virtual gatherings, continued legal education sessions, and other giving days as needed.
- Run and review data hygiene reports; identify bad data and correct as needed.
- Create and report on fundraising campaign codes to ensure data integrity
- Utilize Microsoft Office suite, SalesForce, Looker reporting and various web platforms.
- Help prioritize major donor prospects, and support qualification, cultivation, solicitation efforts.
- Call and thank donors who are not in a major gifts portfolio.
- Provide giving analysis to the Executive Director and Development Director for strategic planning and Board reporting; improve our access to and analysis of donor data.
- Support the ED and DD in preparing timely grant applications and reports.
- Deliver friendly customer service to diverse constituencies in the state of Delaware and be able to work as part of a team in a collaborative, cross-functional environment.
- Assist in the timing, creation and execution of all appeals, including donor segmentation, preparing accurate mailing lists, working with communications department, and assembly of mailing.
- Support development and updating of donor cultivation materials.
- Collaborate on virtual and in-person donor stewardship events including annual meeting, major donor calls with ED, and other virtual donor cultivation opportunities.
Essential Skills & Abilities
- Committed to advancing the ACLU’s values, mission, goals and programs, with an understanding of the range of civil liberties issues and their implications.
- Proactively approaches assigned as well as unassigned tasks and projects
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Demonstrate understanding of non-profit fundraising
- Experience working with database systems, preferably fundraising systems and/or advocacy systems preferred.
- Convey the importance of fundraising to the staff and board, creating a culture of philanthropy in the organization.
- Center principles of equity, inclusion, and belonging in all work, embedding the values in program development, policy application, and organizational practices and processes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, simultaneously handle many tasks; work efficiently, and meet multiple deadlines
- Assist in developing strategies for growing our network of supporters across Delaware.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary range is $40,000-$55,000. Excellent benefits include paid vacation, medical and dental insurance, retirement savings plan, and generous paid holidays.
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Strategist” as the subject line of the email. Applications will be reviewed beginning on Tuesday, April 5 and the position will remain open until filled. All interviews will be held remotely at this time.
The ACLU is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction.
The ACLU is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please email email@example.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process