BoardWalk Consulting is a retained executive search firm working exclusively for non-profit organizations. Our work is carried out in partnership with boards of directors and senior leadership of our client organizations. This postion is for a client, Georgia United Methodist Foundation.
Georgia United Methodist Foundation (GUMF) is an independent, nonprofit ministry serving the congregational communities and institutions of the Methodist Church in Georgia. GUMF is a leading Methodist foundation nationally, with over $200 million in assets. The foundation serves and supports the entire Methodist community in Georgia, across the North and South Georgia Conferences.
GUMF empowers congregational partners through investment management services, loans, and endowment services. It empowers individuals by offering endowment development and management resources, financial literacy training, and investment vehicles. GUMF provides “how to give” information, financial tips, and timely advice, through various media.
The CEO will be an inspiring, faith-based leader called to lead a strategic, visionary agenda, deepen relationships and enhance reputation, capacity and impact. The CEO will have a record of success relevant to GUMF and the Church, with passion for the mission of empowering positive change. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO will:
• Be a transformational leader. The CEO will energize staff, and the Board, and will relate well with North and South Georgia Conference Bishops and Treasurers, clergy, individuals, and congregational partners ranging from 50 to 5000 members.
• Grow relationships and giving. As the face and voice of GUMF, the CEO will be a visible and passionate presence statewide. The CEO will be dynamic, engaging and effective at building relationships with clergy, volunteers, funders and donors across the community
• Increase revenue. The CEO will be innovative at fostering growth in loans, investments and endowment services, and will implement promising new programs and revenue streams, to advance its mission of serving the Kingdom.
• Enhance GUMF awareness and reach. The CEO will broaden reach, connection, relationships and impact with diverse audiences throughout the North and South Georgia Conference areas.
• Be a great business and financial manager. The CEO will be a strategic, faithful leader with business and financial acumen to manage effectively through current and future challenges to develop a sustainable and adaptive business model.
• Nurture a positive, engaged culture: The CEO will promote collaboration, inclusion, innovation and a high-performance culture that makes GUMF a best place to work and projects positively across the state.
Personal Characteristics: The ideal CEO is a dynamic, faith-based Methodist leader with personal magnetism, vision, financial acumen and passion for mission.
• The successful candidate will be authentic, compassionate and a confident leader with who promotes collaboration, inclusion, innovation and a high-performance culture. Be a leader who will unify and inspire people to work together.
• Be a leader who is self -confident and humble with the ability to build collaboration and consensus and make tough decisions.
• Have a proven relational, fundraising and business-growing skills based on financial and business acumen, coupled with an entrepreneurial spirit. Strengths in strategy, innovation and execution are required.
• The CEO will promote collaboration, inclusion, innovation and a high-performance culture that makes GUMF a best place to work and projects positively across the state. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Relationships: The President and CEO will work closely with both the North Georgia Conference and the South Georgia Conference of the UMC. Current clergy leadership of GUMF participates, at each Bishop’s request, on the Extended Cabinet of each Conference, highlighting the critical relationship of the CEO with the leadership in each Conference.
The President and CEO manages a full-time staff of approximately ten professionals and reports to the Board of Directors. The CEO’s current direct reports are the Chief Financial Officer, Regional Vice President, Vice President of Development and Director of Lending.
The position is located in Gwinnett County, north of Atlanta, Georgia.
Additional information about the position is available at: https://bit.ly/GUMFPresidentCEO
How To Apply
For potential consideration or to recommend a candidate, please send an email to GUMF@boardwalkconsulting.com or call Paula Nicholas at 404.420.5851 or 615.293.4176