Arabella Advisors provides operations and management support to multiple nonprofit organizations, including the New Venture Fund, the Windward Fund, and the Hopewell Fund—all 501(c)(3) public charities—and the Sixteen Thirty Fund, a 501(c)(4). These managed organizations house new and innovative public interest projects and nonprofits, as well as coordinate collaborative initiatives between donors and administer grants programs. This type of structure is commonly referred to as fiscal sponsorship, and candidates are highly encouraged to research fiscal sponsorship prior to a first interview. The managed organizations provide support to a diverse range of projects, including many focused on conservation, global health, and civic engagement.
In 2020, Arabella’s is opening a new office in downtown Durham that will include both current members of the Arabella team and new hires. This position will be located in that office.
Arabella Advisors seeks an entrepreneurial, socially engaged professional to help our clients launch and manage innovative social sector projects. If you want the opportunity to work with a fast-growing and entrepreneurial team reshaping the charitable sector, then this job is for you. The Associate Director will manage a diverse portfolio of projects focused on affecting national and global change. In doing so, you will work closely with philanthropists, program staff, and other key stakeholders; and rely on your operations and relationship management expertise to ensure programmatic compliance and effectiveness.
- Serve as a relationship and project manager for a portfolio of projects, drawing upon skills that include client relationship management, proposal and grant/contract management, and financial and legal compliance
- Act as primary liaison with philanthropic partners to develop, structure and maximize the impact of projects
- Ensure your portfolio of projects adheres to best practices in tracking and monitoring all activities to ensure compliance with IRS, federal, and state regulations
- Support new business development by meeting with potential clients, evaluating projects, and developing collateral, proposals and budgets
- Contribute to the team and organization’s significant year-over-year growth by innovating our operations and processes
- Develop new services based on donor and client needs
- Develop relevant expertise in philanthropy, grant management, technology and business processes
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
- 5+ years of work experience with steadily increasing responsibility
- Experience in philanthropy, non-profits, and/or business
- Experience in financial analysis and/or impact investing
- Ability to manage and lead complex projects, oversee and delegate to others, and meet deadlines
- Personal presence and intellectual heft needed to work effectively with sophisticated and demanding partners
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and resourcefulness that spurs innovation and problem solving
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly collaborative working style with strong interpersonal skills
How To Apply
Submit a resume and a one-page cover letter online here. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific job.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.