MISSION AND ORGANIZATIONAL BACKGROUND
Margaret A. Cargill Philanthropies (MACP) refers collectively to two grantmaking entities, Margaret A. Cargill Foundation (MACF) and Anne Ray Foundation (ARF). The two foundations have separate boards and investment portfolios but share a common mission of providing meaningful assistance and support to society, the arts, and the environment.
- Margaret A. Cargill Foundation is a private foundation that came into existence upon Ms. Cargill’s death in August 2006. MACF’s assets are approximately $3 billion
- Anne Ray Foundation is a supporting organization, which may make grants only to beneficiary organizations specifically named by Ms. Cargill. ARF’s assets are approximately $4 billion.
MACP’s well developed Philosophy of Grantmaking underscores the values and guiding principles of Margaret A. Cargill by using education and innovation as a means to achieve core purposes; empowering people to be self-sufficient; maintaining a low profile while meeting the needs of others; supporting programs that could have a broad impact, have socially redeeming values and standards, and that value life; and relieving suffering in times of disaster. As a core element of its philosophy, MACP invests in long-term relationships with key grantee organizations in order to find solutions that are consistent with the values of both parties.
Additionally, MACP is engaging in a diversity, equity, and inclusion process that includes:
- Building intercultural competency and emotional intelligence work at an organizational level, to include deeper learning and dialogue on racial and social equity.
- Increasing local racial equity grantmaking to fund local efforts to address systemic racism and social inequities; and,
- Reviewing each programmatic domain to more formally examine the role equity and inclusion currently play and can play in MACP’s grantmaking.
The Administrative Specialist is responsible for providing administrative support to the Human Resources team. This is a visible role within the organization that will interact across all departments and play an important role in providing a welcoming candidate and employee experience at MACP. The position requires effective communication skills, attention to detail, handling confidential information, critical thinking, establishing priorities, meeting deadlines, and the ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands. Work also requires flexibility and coordination with other team members to accomplish overall team goals.
This position reports to the Director, Human Resources & Administration and is a member of the Human Resources & Administration Team, which includes employees from Human Resources, Information Technology, Project Implementation and Office & Facilities. This position is also a member of the Administrative Support Team.
How To Apply
Margaret A. Cargill Philanthropies is partnering with kp companies in this search. Applications can be submitted ONLINE HERE or if preferred, resumes and cover letters can be emailed to email@example.com. Please include MACP – Admin Specialist HR in the subject line.