If you are committed to our mission — putting philanthropy into action to create lasting solutions that result in vibrant communities within the Greater Hartford region — and have proven track record of working with high net worth individuals in the fields of development, grantmaking or a closely related field and have a deep knowledge of the Greater Hartford nonprofit community, please consider this opportunity to join the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving as a Donor Grants Officer.
The Donor Grants Officer will provide high-level donor and grant stewardship to align their interests with the Foundation’s strategic priorities and the community’s most critical needs. The Officer’s responsibilities also include identifying and cultivating new donors to the Foundation as well as stewarding current donors to secure new funds, fund additions and legacy provisions.
- Working as a member of the Foundation’s Development Donor-Advised Team, coordinates and provides stewardship services for donor advisors, utilizing a donor-centered approach to match donor funding interests with community needs. The Officer will actively communicate with fund advisors, respond to funding inquiries, meet with grantee organizations and community investment officers to review grant opportunities.
- Serving as a staff liaison with the Foundation’s Community Investments staff to develop a deep knowledge of HFPG’s grants in process, key initiatives and strategic priorities.
- Coordinating grant activities, proposals, requests for proposal (RFP) and stewardship processes for the Foundation’s largest donor-advised funds to maintain trusted relationships.
- Ensuring that donors, family members and successor advisors receive appropriate, accurate and timely information about fund and grant activities; steward relationships; “orient” new advisors and retire funds, as necessary.
- Cultivate fund advisors and next generation family members for fund additions through current and legacy giving.
- Working collaboratively with the Development team to identify and cultivate prospects, including meeting with individuals to explain HFPG fund opportunities and gifting options.
- Participating in general department and Foundation-wide meetings, events, activities and projects, as assigned.
- A commitment to the Foundation’s mission and values, as well as to learning and growing at work;
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, listening and communications skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a high performing team;
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion and diplomacy;
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field and/ or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in development, grantmaking or a closely related field
- Solid understanding of fundraising principles, including endowment, annual, capital, planned gifts
- Successful experience working with individual donors of wealth
- Deep knowledge of Greater Hartford community and nonprofit organizations in the region
- Goal-oriented, self-starter, who consistently demonstrates exceptional organizational skills and sound judgment
- Strong moral compass, demonstrating the highest standards of professionalism and performance as evidenced by, initiative, critical thinking, excellent judgment, tact, reliability, and timeliness of follow-through
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and data/information management
How To Apply
If you are committed to making Greater Hartford a terrific place to live, work and succeed, and you meet the requirements listed above, we would like to hear from you. Please send a letter describing why this position is a great fit for your background and your interests, your salary requirements, and your resume to:
Human Resources Department
Hartford Foundation for Public Giving