About the David and Lucile Packard Foundation:
The Packard Foundation is dedicated to improving the lives of children, families, and communities—and restoring and protecting our planet. Guided by the principles of our founders, we think big and serve with humility.
Our grantees are making positive change all over the world and in our own backyard. We are known for our work protecting the climate, oceans, and land and for advancing reproductive health and rights. We also work hard to ensure that all children and families have what they need to succeed. Our capacity-building projects help non-profit leaders build more powerful and impactful organizations and movements.
People join the Packard Foundation because they believe in our mission. They stay for the community of talented and thoughtful colleagues who care deeply about making a meaningful impact. Advancing diversity, equity and inclusion is central to all our endeavors. We are committed to continually improving our efforts to lift up diverse voices, to advocate for justice and to foster inclusivity — both within the Foundation and in our grantmaking.
The organization lives the values it supports. Our green headquarters is net zero energy and LEED® Platinum. Our bathrooms are gender neutral. Employees get a full week of paid time each year to volunteer with a non-profit of their choice. The Foundation also has a generous donation matching program for staff.
There is much work to do in the world and our local communities. At the Packard Foundation, we are committed to doing it with the highest levels of integrity, effectiveness and caring.
The David and Lucile Packard Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool. To learn more about the Foundation, please visit www.packard.org.
About the Role:
The Contract Recruiter will research, develop, and implement effective recruiting strategies that attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent for the organization.
This position reports to the Director of Human Resources.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sources, screens, and guides candidates through the interview process, ensuring a positive, equitable candidate experience
- Continuously improves the overall recruiting process, leveraging current ATS (Cornerstone)
- Identifies and implements efficient and equitable recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization
- Collaborates with hiring managers to identify and draft detailed and accurate job descriptions, create a recruiting plan, including and criteria to evaluate candidates at each state of the recruiting process
- Posts job openings on all relevant internal / external job posting sites
- Reviews resumes and facilitates resume review and debrief process
- Advises hiring managers on screening process (i.e., phone screen / video submission) and facilitates screening and debrief process
- Facilitates interview scheduling
- Works with hiring manager to prepare job related behavioral interview questions and other hiring and selection materials
- Facilitates the interview process: provides guidance on interview scheduling; ensures materials are prepared for interview team; consolidates interview feedback; leads debrief session
- Collaborates with the hiring manager and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details
- Prepares reports related to recruiting to monitor recruiting effectiveness and diversity of applicant pool
- Maintains organization and integrity of ATS
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledgeable and dedicated to incorporating the principles and values of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging into all recruitment activities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with and ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
- Outstanding customer service orientation
- Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of role.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, MS Teams, Zoom or related software
- Ability to work effectively remotely
Experience leading full cycle recruitment efforts for an organization.
Certification / License
Proof of COVID vaccination required if working onsite (subject to applicable law)
This is a part-time contract position, paid by the hour. The hourly rate will be commensurate with relevant work experience.
How To Apply
To apply, go to the Packard Foundation Careers page. Please submit a cover letter indicating your interest in the Packard Foundation’s mission and programs.
Principal applicants only — Candidates whose qualifications most closely fit the criteria for the job will be contacted — No phone inquiries, please
The Foundation uses an outside firm to check the accuracy of information supplied by applicants who are extended an offer of employment.