Wanted: Passionate and Visionary PROGRAM MANAGER Looking to Improve Lives Through Education!
Would you like to help put the American Dream…and the goal of a better life…within reach for more people? If so, we want to hear from you.
We’re Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation, one of America’s largest and most respected education philanthropies. Since 2006 we’ve made grants totaling more than $260 million to help at-risk students get to and through college, and we’re just getting started!
As we continue to grow, we’re looking for an ambitious Program Manager to join our dynamic grantmaking team. In this key role, you’ll be responsible for planning and managing a portfolio of grants targeting students with the most to gain from a college degree, but the least support in getting there.
The ideal candidate will be an energetic, knowledgeable and respected professional who shares our commitment to improving lives through education.
Great Lakes is seeking a candidate with:
- A thorough understanding of education grantmaking, grant funded programs, and the needs of students of color, low-income students, and first-generation college students.
- A track record of collaboration in achieving defined goals.
- Knowledge equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in philanthropy, education, business, or a related field.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, coordination, and project management skills.
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to perform analysis including recognizing patterns and drawing inferences.
- The ability to perform job functions with minimal direction/supervision.
- The ability to work under pressure to meet critical deadlines yet remain flexible in responding to changing requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills exemplified by initiative, courtesy, diplomacy, positive attitude, professionalism and appropriate business ethics.
We’re located in Madison, WI, but a successful candidate can work remotely from a home office anywhere in the U.S.
How To Apply