WELCOME TO ABFE’s MEMBER CENTER!
ABFE is a membership-based philanthropic organization that advocates for responsive and transformative investments in Black communities. Partnering with foundations, nonprofits and individuals, ABFE provides its members with professional development and technical assistance resources that further the philanthropic sector’s connection and responsiveness to issues of equity, diversity and inclusion. Established in 1971 as the Association of Black Foundation Executives, the organization was credited with many of philanthropy’s early gains in diversity. It since has evolved into an influential network.
An ABFE membership provides access to a wealth of valuable benefits that start immediately!
ABFE MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM FEATURES
- Complimentary job posting opportunities on www.abfe.org and distributed through our social networks (Institutions and Organizations only)
- Priority event registration and discount admission to ABFE events
- Membership covering up to seven colleagues (Institutions and Organizations only)
- Access to ABFE designed programs responding to diversity, inclusion and equity
- Exclusive invites to regional and national networking events, peer exchanges, and grantmaker-led events and programming
- Access to ABFE designed skill building programs on wealth and strategic giving (Industry Partners only)
- Access to ABFE’s membership network, and directory of ABFE affiliated investment managers and executives
- Management assistance
- 20% off subscriptions to The Foundation Review, the first peer reviewed journal of philanthropy, written by and for foundation staff and boards, and those who work with them implementing programs
- Opportunities to create working groups focused on fields of interest, functional areas of foundation operations, or populations
- Editorial privileges and guest columnist opportunities through quarterly e-newsletter ABFE news
- Brand awareness opportunities by means of ABFE’s website and print materials (Institutions and Organizations only)
- Nomination privileges for ABFE’s Board of Directors, awards, and recognition opportunities (i.e. James A. Joseph Lecture, Patino-Moore Legacy Award, Emerging Leader, etc.)
- Selection committee participation for ABFE awards and recognition events
- Complimentary subscription to Emerging Manager Monthly, the only financial services industry newsletter focusing exclusively on emerging managers
- Personal and career development through workshops, retreats and individual consultations offered by the Black Coaching Initiative