New York City Center has played a defining role in the cultural life of the city since 1943—making the best in the music, theater, and dance accessible to all audiences. Championed by a staff of passionate arts lovers, this commitment continues through celebrated dance and musical theater series including the Fall for Dance Festival, the Tony-honored Encores!, and the newest series Artists at the Center and City Center Dance Festival. The distinctive neo-Moorish theater in midtown Manhattan welcomes over 300,000 annual visitors to experience internationally acclaimed artists on the same stage that legends like George Balanchine, Leonard Bernstein, Barbara Cook, Martha Graham, and Paul Robeson made their mark. Home to a roster of renowned companies including Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater and Manhattan Theatre Club, City Center’s dynamic programming, art exhibitions, studio events, and master classes, are complemented by education and community engagement programs that bring the performing arts to over 11,000 New York City students, teachers, and families each year.
The Manager of Donor Information and Analysis is a key member of the Development Department, overseeing the department’s use of the Tessitura database and providing data management, and analysis for all areas within the department to help meet and exceed the annual fundraising goal. This role primarily works with and reports to the Director of Development and the Director of Individual Giving but also interacts directly with the other key members of the department and with the VP of Development. They are responsible for mining the database (), using all available tools to identify the top acquisition and upgrade prospects, and refining the Development Department’s list segmentation strategies to help increase membership and other philanthropic giving at City Center. This person also reports on how the Department is performing overall and is responsible for drawing insights and making revenue generating recommendations based on internal and external research and data.
· The general administration and integrity of the Tessitura database and making ongoing recommendations on how City Center can better mine our data to effectively implement a Customer Relationship Management strategy.
· Enter and process all gifts and pledges, and produce corresponding acknowledgement receipts and letters, as necessary.
· Improve donor and customer intelligence insights (through Tessitura and other City Center data management tools) and refine prospect list-building and segmentation strategies.
· Update and maintain an accurate database of prospective and current donor information in Tessitura, facilitate donor cultivation, and help pinpoint prospects for the pipeline.
· Build Tessitura extractions and set standards of criteria to pull lists for all Development department mass communications and solicitations.
· Collaborate with Development and Marketing to determine and refine list strategy for membership and development communications and solicitations (email, mail, telefund, onsite, etc.).
· Work with the Individual Giving Coordinator to build donor recognition listings for Playbills and the City Center website.
· Use City Center data management tools (Tessitura, Power BI, Audience 360) for membership and development reporting and analysis, to contribute to acquisition and pipeline strategy, cultivation efforts, and benefits analysis.
· Report on Development Department stats (member count, channel performance, renewal rates, campaign performance, etc.) and provide context to determine trends.
· Key member of the City Center Tessitura Power Users Group and primary Development point person for projects related to data management and Tessitura.
· Lead testing of new technology and upgrades that may affect data health for the Development Department (including e-commerce updates).
· Analyze data to identify potential Membership, President’s Council, and Major Gift trends.
· Project lead for interdepartmental analytics projects and reports.
· Liaise with various City Center departments, including (and not limited to): Marketing, Finance, I.T., Digital Media, President’s Office, and Special Events.
This Role Requires:
· 3+ years of related experience in fundraising/marketing analytics
· Experience with Tessitura
· Ability to translate complex data into digestible reports
· Strong quantitative analytics skills with experience using Excel, SQL, and data visualization tools
· Ability to simultaneously manage multiple deadline-oriented projects
· Experience in development operations in a non-profit arts organization is preferred
To be successful in this role, you will be expected to demonstrate:
· Creative thinking and problem solving
· Skills in organization and analysis, with meticulous attention to detail
· An ability to manage and prioritize multiple deadlines simultaneously
· An ability to be professional, enthusiastic, self-motivated, and a team player
· An interest in performing arts and arts administration
· An ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
As a valued member of the City Center administrative team, you will receive:
· Exempt salary of $60,000+
· Comprehensive insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability)
· Generous paid time off
· Pre-tax flexible & dependent care savings accounts
· Pre-tax transit savings
· Pension Plan with (CIG) Cultural Institutions Group (fully vested after 5 years)
· 401K retirement savings account
· Access to various dress rehearsals, performances, educational events, and professional development opportunities
How To Apply
· Email your resume and cover letter to Jobs@NYCityCenter.org.
· Please include Manager of Donor Information and Analysis in the subject line.
· In the cover letter, please include what attracts you to this position at City Center and how your previous experience and interest will help you to be successful in this role.