Blue Meridian Partners is a pioneering philanthropic model for finding and funding scalable solutions to the problems that trap America’s young people and families in poverty and limit economic mobility.
We operate with an investor mindset, but measure success in terms of greater social impact, rather than financial returns. Blue Meridian takes a rigorous, strategic approach to philanthropic investing: identifying, funding and scaling the most promising strategies poised to make a national impact Our portfolio of “investees” addresses some of the root causes of inequity and lack of opportunity—poverty, mass incarceration, foster care, unemployment, and more. Our experience convinces us that solutions are achievable.
We provide social sector leaders with the flexible, upfront growth capital they require to reach their full potential. We offer philanthropists a way to amplify the impact of their investments by finding the initiatives that produce the most effective results, while sharing the costs, risks and successes.
We come to this work with a decades-long track record of innovation in philanthropy and a comprehensive investing approach developed at the Edna McConnell Clark Foundation (EMCF). We are constantly learning, exploring, and seeking out new collaborations in relentless pursuit of creating lasting impact at scale that can change the lives of generations.
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer while also receiving guidance and input from other senior leaders, the Director is responsible for helping to shape Blue Meridian’s strategy for fund raising and engaging current and prospective Partners and other investors. The Director will have day-to-day operational responsibility for the implementation of the fund raising strategy.
New York City
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
· Support the ongoing development of the fundraising strategy and approach, working with the CEO, CDO and other senior leaders.
· Coordinate fundraising activities across multiple funds / portfolios.
· Undertake market analysis to identify prospective investors. Develop opportunities for introductions.
· Organize and run the fundraising team meetings and ensure timely follow-up on actions.
· With the Finance team, help structure deals and agreements and track commitments.
· Ensure appropriate communications materials are developed / revised for prospect meetings.
· Ensure senior leaders are briefed ahead of prospect meetings, and on occasion, attend the meetings.
· Supervise Associate position.
· The Director must share Blue Meridian’s mission and be driven by personal values that align closely with Blue Meridian’s core values.
· An undergraduate degree and at least 10 years of hands-on experience in large scale fund raising is required, ideally through building networks of high net worth individuals and / or Foundations. Experience with strategic philanthropy is desirable.
· Exceptional written communications skills including the ability to draft presentations, letters and memoranda; synthesize a large amount of material into briefer documents, compose clear, succinct emails and reports; and proofread materials.
· Outstanding organizational and project management skills, including a very strong attention to detail and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a fluid, dynamic environment.
· Highly energetic, self-motivated and entrepreneurial, able to balance a meticulous and highly rigorous professional approach with a flexible and empathetic responsiveness to the needs of others. While skilled at thinking and working independently and advocating own point of view, respects and solicits the contributions of others.
· Outstanding interpersonal skills with a professional and genial demeanor, and the ability to work with and lead people with different backgrounds and experiences.
· Strong computer skills with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and the ability to master new software quickly. Experience with content management system (CRM) highly desirable.
Salary & Benefits
Total compensation includes an annual base salary that falls in the $160,000 to $175,000 range, the potential for an annual incentive award based on performance, and an exceptional benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 403b retirement plan with employer contributions and generous time off. Base salary will be set commensurate with chosen candidate’s knowledge, skill and experience.
 Note: This description is a guide to the primary duties and functions of the job, not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, qualifications, physical demands and working conditions. Position descriptions are reviewed and may be revised to meet the changing needs of Blue Meridian Partners at the sole discretion of management.
How To Apply
For consideration, please include the following in your application:
· cover letter
· writing sample
Please send your application to email@example.com. Be sure to include “Director, Development” in the subject line and let us know where you found our job post.
No phone calls or in-person applications, please.