Trinity Church Wall Street is a growing and inclusive Episcopal community in Lower Manhattan that seeks to serve and heal the world through a wide range of ministries and programs. Join a team of more than 200 employees in New York City who are working to make a difference in people’s lives and transform communities.
Our work is grounded in our core values of faith, integrity, inclusiveness, compassion, social justice, and stewardship.
Trinity’s culture celebrates diversity, and our employees come from a variety of cultural, religious, racial, ethnic, and professional backgrounds. We all share a common mission: to build generations of faithful leadership, to build up neighborhoods, and to build financial capacity for holy service in New York City and around the world.
Now is an especially exciting time for employees to join Trinity as we are in a phase of expansion. In the coming years we will be hiring to facilitate the growth of programs at Trinity Commons (our new parish center scheduled to open in spring 2020) and our increasing philanthropic activities at home and abroad.
The Program Assistant provides administrative and programming support to the Leadership Development strategic initiative which is part of the Grants and Mission Investing team and function. Trinity has made a commitment to lay and clergy leadership development in the Anglican communion and Trinity’s partner organizations as a pressing priority and uses grants, mission investing, and thought leadership to advance that work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of and in partnership with the Program Officer and Program Director (to be hired):
- Processes applicant registration requests.
- Assists in reviewing and organizing grant proposals and reports.
- Provides communication support and responds to email and phone inquiries about the grantmaking process.
- Helps prepare materials for grant review by Trinity Church Wall Street’s Vestry and others.
- Maintains up-to-date contact information for grantees, partners, contractors, and other stakeholders.
- Maintains organized files and records and a system of tracking, monitoring, and prioritizing tasks.
- Contacts grantees to resolve routine reporting problems and administrative issues.
- Develops and deepens knowledge of the leadership field and grantmaking practices through independent, proactive research and by participating in approved meetings, conferences, and convenings.
- Maintains team calendar, provides scheduling support to staff, and identifies potential conflicts or synergies.
- Handles logistics for team meetings and events including set-up, scheduling rooms, IT notification, food, materials, etc.
- Prepares materials for team meetings and handles necessary follow-up.
- Attends meetings; records and writes notes.
- Compiles and processes expense reports, reimbursements, and check requests.
- Supports Program Officer in scheduling and planning domestic and international grantee convenings, trainings and events, including coordinating arrangements for guests, handling logistics, and preparing materials.
- Coordinates and manages domestic and international travel arrangements for team events where efficiencies can be realized through collective booking.
- Proactively suggests ideas for process and system improvements.
- Contributes to team discussions and planning.
- Assumes other related responsibilities and special projects as required.
Internal Engagement & Team Culture
- Coordinates with other program assistants in the Grants & Mission Investing team on scheduling, events, and department-wide activities.
- Facilitates collaboration with other departments, such as Communications, IT, Real Estate, Finance and Legal as required.
- Adheres to confidentiality rules and all other Trinity Church Wall Street policies, procedures, and rules.
- Performs all duties in a manner that promotes Trinity’s mission and core values.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Computer literacy and proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with meeting planning and related logistics.
- Detail-oriented, and excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to exercise strong judgment and initiative.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize, accurately complete multiple tasks, and work under deadlines and changing priorities.
- Demonstrates flexibility when assigned new tasks, goals, and systems and processes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and possesses the ability to relate well with people within and outside Trinity, including the ability to build relationships.
- Creative; problem solver.
- Team player and experience working in a team context.
- Commitment to social justice and racial equity.
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CREDENTIALS
- A minimum of one year of administrative or program experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, or the equivalent combination of training and/or work experience.
- Understanding of grants administration.
- Familiarity with database management programs (Experience with Fluxx highly desirable).
- Familiarity with working internationally and/or fluency in languages other than English would be desirable
- Knowledge of and experience in faith institutions, nonprofit organizations and/or the philanthropic sector.
How To Apply
Please apply online at https://www.trinitywallstreet.org/about/careers