Arabella Advisors helps philanthropists and investors pursue their social and environmental goals more effectively. Our platform of services enables clients to use all of their assets—grants, investments, relationships, time, and talent—to achieve greater good. We work with large foundations and corporations, as well as families and individuals, to develop strategic focus, execute projects, evaluate grantees and programs, invest for impact, efficiently manage grants and funds, and continually learn and innovate. Our team is socially minded and entrepreneurial, always looking for ways to make the world a better place by better serving our clients.
To find out more about Arabella Advisors click here.
The Senior Analyst will take a lead role in managing, drafting, and developing insights for key parts of client deliverables while driving core project research, analysis, problem solving, project support, and writing. This position will also have the opportunity to mentor and train other analysts. The Senior Analyst position is an excellent opportunity for someone who has demonstrated research and analytical skills to apply them to the field of philanthropy and the nonprofit community.
· Coordinate assigned project tasks on social issues of interest to our clients with minimal supervision of a project manager
· Synthesize most relevant information from research to identify trends and key issues on social issues for client projects
· Develop, administer and analyze surveys to inform client reports
· Identify recommendations for client reports, based on analysis of research and interviews
· Lead in writing portions of reports or PowerPoints for clients, including designing info-graphics, charts, and graphs
· Present findings from reports to clients
· Creatively problem-solve and manage up to advance project work
· Provide scheduling and note-taking support on interviews and meetings for projects, as necessary
· Conduct research and interviews for internal projects
· Lead trainings for analysts on research skills
· Lead on-boarding sessions for new analysts
· Mentor new analysts
· Assist in research for and writing of client proposals and the development of new project budgets
· Contribute to and occasionally lead internal research projects to be shared with the field, such as through blog posts and white papers
· Participate in professional development opportunities to develop new skills or expertise
· Participate in on-going training throughout the year on such topics as evaluation methods, models for strategy development and advanced report writing
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree, with coursework that demonstrates use of analytical skills and writing ability
· Professional work experience (3-5 years preferred) that demonstrates use of analytical skills, and writing and presentation ability
· Interest in philanthropy
· Strong skills with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
· Excellent organization, interpersonal, and communications skills
· Excellent research and writing skills
· Team-oriented, professional, positive attitude and sense of humor
· Resourceful and adaptable
· Detail-oriented, strong ability to multi-task
Other Highly Preferred Skills and Experience
· Familiarity with qualitative data analysis
· Experience using SPSS, Excel, or both for quantitative analysis
· Professional work experience in social sector
· Familiarity with Tableau or InDesign
· Experience managing others
A Career with Arabella Advisors
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, fun, transparent, collaborative, and healthy culture. Arabella is committed to providing excellent benefits to our employees. For you and your eligible dependents, we pay 100% of premiums and in-network deductibles for health, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide you disability coverage; life insurance; personal and volunteer leave time; a 401K match that you are eligible to receive when you start; $1,500 a year for professional development; and a fitness benefit.
We are also committed to building a firm that is diverse and inclusive. We invite our clients and employees to be fully themselves. By integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work, we benefit from increased knowledge, creativity, flexibility, and organizational and individual growth. We expect all Arabella staff to share this commitment.
We invite you to visit our careers website to learn more about our people, culture, and work.
Arabella Advisors is an equal opportunity employer.
About Commongood Careers:
Arabella Advisors has partnered with Commongood Careers to conduct the search for a Senior Analyst. Commongood Careers is a mission-driven search firm that supports the hiring needs of high-impact organizations. With an approach that leverages robust talent networks, recruitment and search management expertise, and a deep understanding of our clients’ missions and cultures, we help organizations secure the talent they need to create greater social impact. Since our founding in 2005, Commongood Careers has led more than 700 searches at 275 organizations in 33 states, making us one of the most experienced and dedicated social sector search firms in the country. Learn more about job opportunities at Commongood Careers.