Trinity Church Wall Street is a growing and inclusive Episcopal community in Lower Manhattan that seeks to serve and heal the world through a wide range of ministries and programs. Join a team of more than 200 employees in New York City who are working to make a difference in people’s lives and transform communities.
Our work is grounded in our core values of faith, integrity, inclusiveness, compassion, social justice, and stewardship.
Our culture celebrates diversity, and our employees come from a variety of cultural, religious, racial, ethnic, and professional backgrounds. We all share a common mission: to build generations of faithful leadership, to build up neighborhoods, and to build financial capacity for holy service in New York City and around the world.
The Executive Assistant provides high-level executive administrative support to the Chief Philanthropy Officer (CPO) and manages shared office needs for the Grants & Mission Investing Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedule appointments and ensure that the CPO’s calendar is always accurate and up to date.
- Handle the CPO’s correspondence as assigned, including matters of utmost confidentiality and time sensitivity. Helps CPO prioritize correspondence and meetings.
- Prepare draft correspondence or respond directly in writing to internal and external shareholders at direction of CPO.
- Prepare briefing materials for upcoming meetings and events and handle necessary follow-up.
- Take meetings notes as needed and handle necessary follow-up.
- Coordinate travel for the CPO including arranging transportation and lodging, developing travel agenda, liaising with other Executive Assistants as appropriate and other activities as needed.
- Manages process for review of event and speaking invitations.
- Greet external visitors and guests of the CPO.
- Prepare materials as assigned by the CPO for committee and Vestry meetings.
- Handles billing, process invoices and expense reports for the Director monthly or as needed, communicating with Finance, Treasury and Accounts Payable departments to ensure efficient processing.
- Work with colleagues throughout Trinity to ensure smooth workflow in and out of the offices of each of the CPO’s Senior Team members.
- Provide a bridge for efficient communication between the office of the CPO and internal departments.
- Act as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CPO updated.
- Manages projects and performs other administrative support duties as requested.
- Maintains planning calendars for the GMI team
- Coordinates logistics for GMI-wide special projects and events
- Coordinates with program assistants for GMI initiatives and manages a structure for sharing information and providing mutual support.
- Assists in budget management for GMI team with focus on costs incurred by CPO and team-wide activities.
- Coordinates with other departments around needs for facilities, space and supplies.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent communication skills—both oral and written.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, CRM and other database management programs.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Maintains professional demeanor in all situations and proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work in a mission/results-driven high-pressure environment.
- Ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities, and work independently on projects, from conception to completion.
- Flexible and able to work well with all levels of internal and external leadership and management as well as outside constituents and visitors.
- Flexibility in work schedule as required.
Required and Preferred Education, Experience, and Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years of experience in administrative roles in fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Budget management experience
- Non-profit or foundation experience is a plus but not required.
How To Apply
Please apply at https://www.trinitywallstreet.org/about/careers