Trinity Church Wall Street is a growing and inclusive Episcopal community in Lower Manhattan that seeks to serve and heal the world through a wide range of ministries and programs. Join a team of more than 200 employees in New York City who are working to make a difference in people’s lives and transform communities.
Our work is grounded in our core values of faith, integrity, inclusiveness, compassion, social justice, and stewardship.
Our culture celebrates diversity, and our employees come from a variety of cultural, religious, racial, ethnic, and professional backgrounds. We all share a common mission: to build generations of faithful leadership, to build up neighborhoods, and to build financial capacity for holy service in New York City and around the world.
The Program Assistant provides administrative and programming support to the Operations & Planning team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in cataloguing, reviewing and organizing grant proposals and inputting grant proposals into the online database systems.
- Makes payments.
- Closes grants and process for archival storage.
- Helps prepare materials for grant review by Vestry and others.
- Maintains team calendar and identifies potential conflicts or synergies.
- Handles logistics for team meetings and events including set-up, scheduling rooms, IT notification, food, materials, etc.
- Attends meetings, records and writes up notes.
- Maintains up-to-date contact information for grantees, partners, contractors and other stakeholders.
- Organizes hospitality for visitors as needed.
- Coordinates with other program assistants in the Grants & Mission Investing team on calendars, events and department-wide activities.
- Works across departments such as Communications, IT, Real Estate, Finance and Legal as required for projects and events.
- Proactively suggests ideas for process or system improvements.
- Contributes to team discussions and planning.
- Adheres to confidentiality rules and all other Trinity Wall Street policies, procedures and rules.
- Performs all duties in a manner that promotes Trinity’s mission and core values.
- Assumes other related responsibilities and special projects as required.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with meeting planning and related logistics
- Creative, problem solver
- Team player and experience working in a team context.
- Demonstrates flexibility when assigned new tasks, new goals, and new systems and processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Organized, courteous and able to handle multiple priorities
- Cultural awareness and the willingness to learn and to work with diverse cultures and populations
- Available as needed for occasional evening and weekend meetings and/or events
- A minimum of one year of administrative or program experience.
- Familiar with CRM or other database management programs.
- Passion for social change.
- Bachelor’s degree, or the equivalent combination of training and/or work experience, in administration, hospitality, customer service or related field.
How To Apply
Please apply at https://www.trinitywallstreet.org/about/careers