As part of a dynamic, high-performing team, the Senior Manager, Individual Giving will manage a personal portfolio of individual donors giving $650 – $5,000 for NJPAC programs and operations. Entrepreneurial and proactive, this role supports a best-in-class engagement and stewardship program
NJPAC is America’s foremost urban presenter of arts and entertainment. We are committed to hiring a diverse and equitable staff as part of our mission to lead effectively in arts education for children, to convene useful and enlightening civic events, and to be a catalyst for economic development in our home city of Newark, NJ.
As part of a dynamic, high-performing team, the Senior Manager, Individual Giving will manage a personal portfolio of individual donors giving $650 – $5,000 for NJPAC programs and operations. Entrepreneurial and proactive, this role supports a best-in-class engagement and stewardship program to build and deepen premium relationships, retain and upgrade philanthropic support, create a seamless and value-driven donor experience leveraging NJPAC’s artistic excellence, and advance an institutional narrative focused on impact, outcomes, and access. This role serves as a senior member of a high-performing, adaptive team of fundraising professionals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and grow the NJPAC Champions Program, a mid-level giving program with approximately 180 donors giving between $650 – $4,999, including solicitations, renewals, stewardship, upgrades and fulfillment. Responsible for helping to set and then meet fundraising goals tied to annual fund and any special campaigns.
- Work closely with the Membership Manager on yearly projections and all Membership appeals including renewals, calendar year-end, fiscal year-end, and any special fundraising appeals throughout the year.
- Develop strong donor relationships and cultivate towards in-person solicitations; additionally, work closely with senior staff including CEO and VP, Development as needed to secure gifts.
- Creatively steward and upgrade existing donors through personal visits, organizing meetings with CEO/other stakeholders, ticketing, “surprise and delight” perks, invitations to program-related meetings and events, crediting and recognition, and donor benefit fulfillment.
- Manage correspondence, acknowledgements and proposals for donors.
- Collaborate with research and membership staff to identify mid-level donors with greater capacity to give, and develop engagement strategies designed to steward donors and maximize upgrades and conversion.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase donor stewardship and engagement to create a premium donor experience.
- Working with the Managing Director of Women@NJPAC, develop new, sustainable strategies to effectively integrate Women@NJPAC donors and prospective donors into regular fundraising efforts.
- Work with prospect researcher to parse wealth screening data in order to identify and qualify high net worth individuals, and develop strategies to engage.
- Update and maintain donor records with contact information, biographical updates and coding, including Women@NJPAC donors.
- Manage and/or attend evening and weekend events and perform other duties and assist in special projects as assigned.
- Role supervises Membership Manager and Coordinator, Major Gifts.
- 3-5 years experience in non-profit individual fundraising, with demonstrated growth into progressively senior positions.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Highly motivated strategic thinker with exceptional written and verbal communication skills across a range of formats, including emails, letters, presentations, proposals, and progress reports.
- Ability to build relationships and consensus across internal teams.
- Superior organizational and project management skills, with an ability to prioritize and to implement systems and follow-up processes.
- Experience with Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge, or other CRM software preferred. Experience with ticketing software a plus.
- Superior customer service and follow-up skills.
- Interest in the arts a plus.
- Evening/weekend work required.
How To Apply
Send resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a subject line of “SENIOR MANAGER, INDIVIDUAL GIVING”.