Founded in 1928 and supported by over 400 local donors, the East Bay Community Foundation (EBCF) partners with fund holders, social movements, and the community to eliminate structural barriers, advance racial equity, and transform political, social, and economic outcomes for all who call the East Bay home. The Foundation is committed to advancing a Just East Bay, where all members of our community are treated fairly, resulting in equitable opportunity and outcomes for all. Today, EBCF manages over $800 million in community-based assets and offers charitable tools, funds, and investment options to enable donors to give smartly. For more information, visit ebcf.org.
About ASCEND: BLO
In 2017, EBCF joined with philanthropic partners across the Bay Area to create an initiative to bolster Black-Led Organizations called “Accelerating and Stabilizing Communities through Equitable Nonprofit Development: Black-Led Organizations,” known today as ASCEND: BLO. The goals of ASCEND: BLO are to enhance the growth, sustainability, impact and sense of community among Black-Led anchor institutions in the Bay Area in order to ensure the long-term vitality of those organizations and the communities of color they serve; and to apply a fresh, dynamic and replicable approach to collaborative capacity building that further develops the nonprofit sector with a lens towards race and equity.
The ASCEND: BLO Program Associate provides relationship management, community engagement, and administrative support to the ASCEND BLO Initiative at EBCF. As the lead person for the Initiative’s network and community engagement activities, the Associate performs a variety of community engagement functions with a primary focus on increasing network connectivity and participation. This includes managing the initiative’s web and online content and communication, assisting with fundraising activities, and carrying out of programs, meetings, and events.
Relationship Building and Management
· Assist in developing and managing relationships with the various capacity building, program, and evaluation partners as they support the capacity building work with BLOs (Black-Led Organizations)
· Build and sustain relationships with BLOs and other program partners; develop creative and respectful ways to partner with BLOs that help inform program strategies and goals
· Work with internal staff from various departments and external program consultants and partners in carrying out program strategies
§ Support the BLO team in fundraising for the initiative and in managing and stewarding funder and donor relationships
§ Help prepare for and participate in meetings with donors, funders, and other program partners
§ Assist with grant and report writing
Marketing and Communications Support
§ Help conceptualize and execute new ideas for strengthening our communications and engagement with BLOs to deepen their relationship with the initiative
§ Assist in the development of all collateral material to be used for presentations and promotion
§ In collaboration with the Marketing & Communications team assist in carrying out strategies to share relevant content across various platforms and social media
· Provide administrative support to the team including developing and processing contracts and invoices, grant recommendations, expense reports and reimbursements and other specific tasks assigned
· Managing meeting logistics including scheduling, reserving location/platform, managing and tracking invitations and attendees, coordinating technology, partnering with vendors, etc.
· Serve as a primary information contact for intra-office and respond to public inquiries and requests for information and redirect inquiries and requests as appropriate.
Project and Partnership Support
§ Support the Program Manager with short term BLO projects and longer term EBCF projects
§ Assist with design of evaluation strategies for external partnerships
CIP Participation & EBCF Grantmaking
· Attend team meetings to stay informed of overall department goals, structures, and shifts.
· Participate in CIP grantmaking discussions & decisions; this will serve as an opportunity to incorporate the ASCEND: BLO initiative’s work impact and help ensure racial equity alignment within grantmaking.
· Collaborate with CIP team members to help inform thinking & strategy design towards meeting EBCF’s stated values and mission to build a Just East Bay.
How To Apply
To apply, please email a combined PDF or Microsoft Word File of a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm on Monday, August 15th. Please use the subject line Program Associate Application.