The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation, Inc is a private, non-profit national organization dedicated to finding the cure for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and improving the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases. We fund cutting-edge studies at major medical institutions, nurture investigators at the early stages of their careers, and finance underdeveloped areas of research. In addition, our educational workshops and programs, along with our scientific journal, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, enable medical professionals to keep pace with this rapidly growing field. Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation’s core values of compassion, integrity, leadership, collaboration, and inclusion inspire and drive every member of our highly performing team.
THIS POSITION IS REMOTE, HOWEVER, IT IS IDEAL FOR CANDIDATES TO BE LOCATED IN THE CENTRAL OR WESTERN PART OF THE US.
The Peer-to-Peer (P2P) Manager, National Fundraising Campaigns & Volunteer Engagement works in partnership with Foundation leadership, local staff, community volunteers, and committees to drive growth and success in the Take Steps, Team Challenge, and spin4 crohn’s & colitis cures fundraising campaigns. This individual will partner with local staff to harness their passion and skills and to help maximize their contributions to advance the mission of the Foundation.
The P2P Manager, National Fundraising Campaigns & Volunteer Engagement travels throughout the designated market areas as needed to meet with local chapter staff and constituents and serves as a key leader for the Foundation when interacting with staff, volunteers, and supporters. The P2P Manager, National Fundraising Campaigns & Volunteer Engagement will cultivate partnerships and alliances that will promote growth and awareness in the IBD community and achieve local budgets.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Dotted line reporting of field managers in the P2P campaigns and oversee multiple portfolios to ensure successful campaigns meet or exceed budget.
- In partnership with chapters, strategically plan, assess, and evaluate existing and new events.
- Create and implement best practices and policies.
- Partner with Area Vice Presidents, Lead Chapter Staff, and local chapter staff with respect to annual strategy discussions, data and revenue tracking, budgeting and forecasting, volunteer engagement and development, staff development, impactful committees and events, and strong mission presence in every element of peer-to-peer campaigns. Ensure alignment of Chapter and National goals.
- Encourage positive work behaviors from chapter staff while assisting them in achieving chapter performance objectives.
- Partner with other departments as needed to develop and/or implement a comprehensive, strategic plan to establish needs, enhance visibility, increase community awareness, and recruit participants.
- Develop and deliver tools and training for Chapters to maximize their ability to effectively prospect, recruit, manage and cultivate high-level volunteers, revenue committees, corporate partners, teams, participants, and media partners on a local level.
- Monitor national and chapter event budgets and recommend cost saving strategies.
- Develop and maintain field support resources including timelines, committee role descriptions and structure, marketing and social media resources, communication templates, run of show and scripts for staff and volunteers.
- Partner with Business Development, Lead Chapter Staff, and local staff to identify, target, and steward corporate partnerships for sponsorship and/or corporate events.
- Develop tools and systems to assist managers in more efficient recruiting, team management and fundraising.
- Monitor and evaluate campaign revenue performance through utilization of data to develop strategies for improvement, growth, and opportunity to maximize revenue.
- Act as liaison between chapter staff and National leadership team as needed.
- Support local staff in volunteer development and committee management, remotely and in-person.
- Provide project management support for National P2P team.
- Manage project execution from start to finish including tracking progress, identifying issues and mitigating risk.
- Collaborate with local staff to develop and maintain impactful relationships within the patient and corporate community empowering them to tell their stories through direct peer-to-peer fundraising.
- Communicate progress toward project milestones and project status, provides insight into progress and proactively escalate issues and provide recommendations to bring projects into alignment.
- Present resources, outcomes and findings to key stakeholders and team members.
- Provide vacancy coverage support as needed during Take Steps, Team Challenge and/or spin4 crohn’s & colitis cures local and/or national staff vacancies.
- Build rapport and collaborate with other National Support Team members who work in shared chapters to influence positive results and outcomes.
- Be knowledgeable about Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and the Foundation’s strategic plan and operations.
- Partner with Regional/Chapter Executive Directors and Take Steps staff to identify and qualify annual high-level volunteer leader prospects, prepare appropriate materials, secure, and cultivate.
- Build a compelling vision for growth and collaborate with volunteer leaders and staff to achieve it.
- Work with leadership volunteers to identify, recruit, and engage volunteers who have potential to make an impact.
- Build strong and effective partnerships with volunteers and supporters and help foster a culture of accountability.
- Partner with and support volunteer committees to drive success in campaigns and grow support for our mission.
- Serve as a key leader in your market area building relationships, raising awareness, and sharing mission impact with constituents.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in not-for-profit fundraising or association management, preferably within a health-related organization.
- Demonstrated track record in fundraising campaigns, preferably event/walk/client-facing experiences.
- Significant skills in planning, budgeting, and volunteer development.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Donor Direct and Convio a plus.
- Strong leadership skills in volunteer engagement and committee management.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, generate revenue and analyze data to drive results and revenue growth.
- Experience and proven success with influence management and persuasive authority over employees.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral, with public speaking ability that will inspire and motivate others.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to mentor and coach staff and volunteers to achieve results.
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with board members, volunteers, corporate sponsors and donors.
- Self-motivated, results orientated manager with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent relationship builder with the ability to be influential and resilient.
- Skillful in balancing multiple and competing priorities.
- Proven capability of working with a variety of personality and leadership styles in a matrixed organization.
- High standards for internal and external customer service.
- Sense of humor.
- Belief in the mission of the Foundation.
- Ability to learn new platforms and leverage technology to enhance day-to-day data management tasks.
- High level of diplomacy, patience, and flexibility.
- Media partnerships a plus.
- Must possess a good credit history.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time, including evenings and weekends.
How To Apply
*Please follow the link below to submit an online application via the Crohn’s & Colitis Career page.