With more than $1.5 billion in assets, the San Francisco Foundation is one of the largest community foundations in the country. The foundation is committed to expanding opportunity and ensuring a more equitable future for all in the Bay Area. Together with its donors, the foundation distributed $154 million to nonprofit organizations last fiscal year. The San Francisco Foundation serves Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, and San Mateo Counties.
Reports To: Manager of Investment Administration
The Investment Administration Assistant will report to the Manager of Investment Administration and play a key role in supporting the Investments Team, by collecting and maintaining the data required to report on and administer the 100+ investment accounts of the foundation. The position assists in liaising with our investment managers, consultant and custodian bank, and is best suited for candidates with a minimum of one to three years of investment operations experience. The foundation’s investments include equities, fixed income, hedge funds, and a range of limited partnerships in our Core Portfolio, as well as the portfolios of our separately managed donor advised funds and Charitable Remainder Trusts.
The role also provides administrative support foundation’s impact investment program, including a $23 million program related investments fund and a $70 million mission aligned investments pool.
- Provide general administrative support for the Investments Team.
- Ensure reporting and documentation from custodial bank , investment managers/advisors and consultant are retrieved from their respective sources and stored electronically.
- Confirm accuracy of and document reconciliation of discrepancies in monthly statements.
- Organize and maintain complete and up-to-date electronic and hardcopy libraries. Prepare and coordinate hardcopy files for archiving.
- Prepare, track and reconcile information related to various investment activity, including valuation updates, fees, major cash flows, capital calls and distributions.
- Assist in preparation of investment-related reports and schedules for annual financial reporting, audit preparation and Form 990 tax filings. Tasks include sending and tracking audit confirmations, compiling data for fair market value testing.
- Maintain Solovis investment management system, including data entry/uploads, report creation, updates to system for changes in investments
- Maintain vendor contact information and ensure authorized signers are current, including tracking communications of updates to external vendors.
- Maintain and/or write procedures and work notes related to assigned responsibilities and maintain overall organization of the Team’s procedures.
- Ad hoc analysis.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in financial or investment operations
- Must be highly organized, efficient, and comfortable with complexity
- Highly responsive and conscientious team player with a positive attitude
- Strong proficiency with Windows products (particularly Excel)
- Excellent administrative skills
- Basic understanding of investment types, investment theory and capital markets
- Basic understanding of accounting and FASB requirements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Having an experience in the following areas is a PLUS:
- Impact investing
- Assistance with audit preparation
- Fund accounting
- Alternative investments
- Slovis investment management system, or similar database
4-year college degree with course work in Finance, Investments, Accounting or Business.
Commensurate with background and experience in addition to a competitive benefits package.
The San Francisco Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
How To Apply