With more than $1.5 billion in assets, the San Francisco Foundation is one of the largest community foundations in the country. The foundation is committed to expanding opportunity and ensuring a more equitable future for all in the Bay Area. Together with its donors, the foundation distributed $154 million to nonprofit organizations last fiscal year. The San Francisco Foundation serves Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, and San Mateo Counties.
Reports To: Vice President, Marketing and Communications
The Administrative Assistant, Marketing and Communications is responsible for providing day-to-day assistance and support to the vice president of marketing and strategic communications and providing communications and event support as a member of the marketing and communications team. Support includes, but is not limited to:
- Provide administrative assistance to the Vice President and the Marketing and Communications, including:
- VP calendar management
- Invoice processing, vendor relationships, and contracts
- Budget tracking and working with our finance department
- Provide project management support for a wide variety of communications activities.
- Assist with department-related communications materials for the foundation’s board of trustees, at the direction of the VP of MarCom.
- Respond to internal and public inquiries as needed.
- Participate in staff meetings, professional development activities, internal committees, and cross-departmental projects as appropriate.
- Assist with media relations, including conducting media monitoring, building media lists, and assisting with media inquiries.
- Support social media strategy, including monitoring and evaluation.
- Assist with writing, editing, and distributing communications, including announcements, newsletters, and invitations.
- Help maintain our web site with content updates.
- Provide logistical support for large and small meetings, press conferences, and events including working with caterers and vendors, reserving facilities, setting up meetings, taking minutes, sending invitations and managing registrations, and other on-site logistical activities.
- Experience: Minimum of three years of relevant administrative support experience. Administrative experience in a marketing and/or communications setting is highly desired.
- Knowledge, skills, and competencies: Highly organized. Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills. Ability to work collaboratively in and across teams. Demonstrated success with managing multiple projects. Attention to detail and strong work ethic. Interest in philanthropy a plus.
- Demonstrable computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite, email marketing platforms (e.g. Mailchimp), WordPress (and/or other content management systems), social media platforms and CRMs (e.g. Salesforce).
Commensurate with background and experience in addition to a competitive benefits package.
The San Francisco Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
How To Apply