Lake Washington Girls Middle School, located in Seattle’s North Beacon Hill neighborhood, is searching for a financial unicorn.
We need your passion for all things Finance to help us make Seattle’s most innovative girls school accessible for ALL families raising the next generation of changemakers. But in addition to your mad number-crunching skills, we want your entrepreneurial perspective on everything from ingenious sources of unrealized revenue, to equitable tuition and aid models, to what we should be teaching girls about money and finance.
The basics of the job will be simple for an experienced CFO…
- Oversee day-to-day financial and risk management operations, including accounting activities, financial investments, payroll, benefits management, purchasing, general ledger, liability and insurance policies, to reflect best and prudent practices.
- Develop and implement annual operating and capital budgets that advance the school’s educational, equity, and social justice values.
- Manage administration of all benefit programs, ensuring legal compliance and equitable compensation and benefits for all employees.
- Coordinate the annual independent audit process and 990 submission, supporting the school’s commitment to transparency and accountability
- Collaborate with the Head of School, Admissions, and Finance Committee to explore and develop tuition and assistance models that reflect our commitment to equity, social justice, and leadership as innovators in education.
But, we want more!
We want your financial acumen AND your input on how we can impact our larger community.
As a member of the Leadership Team, you will have the opportunity to influence our current and future direction as an institutional change agent that aims to re-shape our world by empowering girls to be strong in mind, body, and voice.
If you are an experienced school finance director or nonprofit CFO who wants more out of your professional life than a handsome paycheck (BTW, our salary IS highly competitive!), we invite you to check out our website (lwgms.org), review the full job description here, and then send us your credentials.
How To Apply
No phone calls, please.