The Kresge Foundation is one of the top 20 private foundations in the United States and is metro Detroit’s largest foundation. With a $3.8 billion endowment and a staff of nearly 100 employees, we work to expand opportunities in America’s cities for people with low incomes. We do this through grantmaking and social investing nationally in arts and culture, education, environment, health, human services and community development in Detroit. The foundation’s state-of-the-art headquarters maintains an array of energy-efficient, water-conserving and health-promoting systems. The foundation also operates an office in Detroit’s Midtown district.
The Program Team Assistant serves as the support and information nucleus of the Human Services Program while providing administrative and project based assistance to the Managing Director, Deputy Director and other team members as assigned.
This position requires highly professional, customer service focused interaction (orally and in writing) with grantees, consultants, the general public, and representatives within the Foundation. This person is required to be familiar with and engaged in the team strategy and initiatives. The Assistant requires the ability to be proactive and self-directed and must possess sound judgment and high attention to detail. This position also requires a commitment to producing high quality work and support while displaying a consistently collaborative and cooperative attitude.
· Schedules internal and external meetings and convenings: coordinates calendars, assembles meeting materials, makes meal arrangements, and confirms appointments for the department.
· Coordinates business travel, airfare bookings, accommodation arrangements, car services, and Outlook itineraries for the Deputy Director and other team members as assigned.
· Assembles Board and/or Workgroup materials: finalizes documents and posts to appropriate locations adhering to the processes and deadlines set by the Executive Office.
· Prepares correspondence, proofreads memos, drafts decline letters, creates charts and excel spreadsheets, and manages contacts and distribution lists.
· Responsible for processing department expenses, preparing expense reports, and resolving discrepancies with Finance.
· Serves as a first point of contact to internal stakeholders relating to documents and information for the team.
· Responsible for receiving and preparing letters of inquiry (LOIs) for review and distributing to appropriate team member.
· Responds to or distributes initial email and verbal general grant inquiries for assigned team as needed.
· Completes consulting contract internal forms, routes for approvals and distributes executed documents to external consultants and Finance. Maintains master file of current consultants for the team.
· Prepares mailings and shipments of materials; opens and distributes department mail.
· Assists program staff with administrative budget tracking. Researches, assembles and tracks various department information and data accurately.
· Represents the foundation externally (orally and in writing) in a highly professional and customer service focused manner.
· Responsible for filing, document management and preparation of special projects as requested by the Deputy Director.
· Provides secondary back-up for telephone support and receptionist activities.
· This position may require some local off-site work and light travel for the purpose of meeting preparations.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Strong commitment to the foundation’s vision and values with the ability to demonstrate that commitment in daily interactions.
· High school diploma or Associates degree, including course work in business communications, office management, and related areas.
· A minimum of three to five years of professional administrative office experience preferred, but not required.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills necessary to interact as a team member and with Foundation colleagues.
· Proven experience with advanced Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other software is essential to accomplishing the work of this position.
· Proven experience and skill with calendar management, travel arrangements, and proofreading.
· Highly collaborative approach to working in a team-based environment.
· Demonstrated high work quality in a highly detail-oriented role.
· The proven ability to maintain confidentiality and practice discretion.
Knowledge of, passion for, and commitment to human services preferred.
How To Apply
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The deadline for application submission is July 16, 2018.
Kresge is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics.