The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) is authorized by Congress to conduct research to provide information about the best available evidence to help patients and their health care providers make more informed decisions. PCORI’s research is intended to give patients a better understanding of the prevention, treatment and care options available, and the science that supports those options.
The Project Specialist for Board Operations supports, coordinates, and helps to deliver on the strategic vision of the PCORI Board of Governors and its committees with direction from the Director of Board Governance, Operations and Relations, Executive Director (ED) and Senior leadership. The project specialist serves as a valuable resource and support whose activities include scheduling, communications, operations, and information management as well as a host of administrative activities and projects in execution of effective and efficient Board relations and operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support and management for all Board operations (e.g., support in the preparation of Board meeting notices and their public posting, schedule of activities and draft agendas, creation and coordination of the preparation of Board materials and presentations across the organization)
- Participates in long and short-term Board meeting development, planning (including Board agenda and meeting material development), follow through and tracking from Board meeting, and evaluation of activities
- Supports the Director to prospectively plan and collaboratively manage Board meeting cycle with multi-year prospective approach, supporting Board and Committee preparations, schedules, and activities aligning all work and workflows across PCORI with the strategy for Board engagement and oversight
- Supports the alignment of workflows and activities from Board-related Committees to the Board of Governors and back to the Board-related Committees as necessary Develops and maintains Board member rosters and contact lists Supports the Director in ensuring and implementing appropriate Board orientation and ongoing education (hosted dinners, retreats, 3rd party education programs etc.) Establishes and maintains timely project tracking tools and serves as liaison to staff teams across PCORI to ensure effective and efficient transfer of information about Board activities.
- Schedules and supports onsite and offsite arrangements, including travel plans, food and lodging
- Supports systems to track Board approved actions in collaboration with the Office of General Counsel Develops standard operating procedures, policies, and guidance related to Board activities coordination and engagement such as administrative support for board operations, meeting cycle preparation, etc. Supports Board evaluation processes and provide quality improvement opportunities in collaboration with PCORI leadership and Governance Committee staff Works with the Director and the Office of the General Counsel to develop and maintain Board-related charts and tracking tools to reflect Board member terms, stakeholder representation, Committee leadership and service
- Works with the Office of the General Counsel to enable records, storage and management of official Board minutes and meeting materials and other key corporate documents, including Bylaws, governance guidelines and Committee charters
- Works collaboratively with the Office of General Counsel (OGC) on governance related administrative matters to support areas such as Conflict of Interest (COI) implementation, maintenance of official records etc.
- Liases with others across the organization including participating and/or facilitating convenings of the Committee Managers group
Incumbent(s) in this position may be required to perform other duties and special assignments not specifically stated above.
Statements outlined in this section are designated as essential job functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- Strong analytic skills and ability to synthesize and translate complicated material into clear and simple language.
- Excellent editing, oral and written communications skills.
- Thorough knowledge of correct use of grammar, construction, and spelling.
- Ability to meet high standards for accuracy, quality, responsiveness, integrity, and discretion.
- Strong interpersonal communications and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly produce high-quality work under tight deadlines.
- Detail-oriented with strong organization, project and time management skills, including ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to take direction and editing from others.
- Motivated self-starter with a can-do attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with demonstrated interest in project management, operations, or non-profit management.
- At least 5 years of experience in a professional setting a plus, including internship and volunteer experience, preferably in project or program management in a nonprofit organization.
- Prior work experience in a setting with Board or governance-related committee preferred.
- Extensive experience and advance level skill with PowerPoint, Excel, webinar software and Microsoft Office Products;
- Experience working in a dynamic work environment essential.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
How To Apply
Please apply online at Careers | Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (silkroad.com). Make sure to include your updated resume and cover letter.